Roaming with Sun Cellular
Traveling abroad? Stay connected with your families and friends here in the Philippines. With more than 200 foreign mobile operators worldwide and more than 100 countries worldwide, enjoy a stress-free traveling with Sun International Roaming! The easiest way to keep your Sun cell phone loaded while abroad is with Aryty.com »
Outbound Roaming Featuers with Sun
Which Subscriber Can Access Roaming?
Set-up your GSM phone
How to Use Your Phone While Abroad
Contacting Sun Cellular From Abroad
What if Your Phone is Lost or Stolen
What Countries Can I Roam To?
Top 25 Outbound Roaming Destinations
Outbound Dialing Procedures
Sending Text Messages While Roaming
Roaming Rates & Billing
This is the International Roaming Service made available to Sun subscribers. It allows them to make use of their Sun mobile phones even as they travel to any destination in the world where Sun has a partner operator. Here are a list of features available while roaming with Sun Cellular:
- Caller ID
- Call Barring
- Call Forwarding
- Call Waiting and Call Hold
Availability varies based on the operators in the roaming country.
All subscribers of Sun Cellular’s Service may avail of the International Roaming Service. The general policies for activation are as follows:
- Other types of postpaid subscribers, including corporate individual clients, may have their IR service activated either upon subscription to Sun Cellular, or as a post-sales application, i.e. should they decide to have the IR service activated after they have subscribed to Sun.
- Should you opt for post-sales activation, please call our Customer Service Hotline at +632-395-8000 if you’re calling from a landline, or dial 200 straight from your Sun Cellular phone at least 2 days prior to your departure.
Ahead of your date of departure, make sure you do and know the following:
- Call Customer Care Hotline or make a request through the Sun Shop. Before anything else, call our Customer Service at Hotline on +632-395-8000 if you’re calling from a landline, or dial 200 straight from your Sun Cellular phone while you’re still in the country to find out about the requirements for the activation of your International Roaming services at least 2 days before you leave for your trip. Sun Cellular’s International Roaming Service activation is free for all Sun Cellular postpaid subscribers. You only pay for the cost of what you use. (link on activation Policies and Procedures).
- Will your mobile phone work in that country? Be sure that the phone model you are using will work in the country you will visit, or choose another phone for your trip. Usually, a dual-band handset will work in any roaming destination expect for countries that require special handsets. Roaming in the U.S.A will require a tri-band handset, while roaming in Japan will require a 3G handset. Roaming in South Korea will require a special handset as well.
- Kindly inquire with our Customer Service Hotline at +632-395-8000 on handset requirements for selected countries.
- Check your numbers.
- When traveling abroad and you need to call your family back home, you need to put a + sign followed by the country code and area code followed by the mobile number or any other phone number. For example, if you want to call your brother in Manila, dial +63922-1234567. However, when you’re abroad and you need to get in touch with someone in Australia, you need to use the country code and area code of that particular country. For example, dial +61 410550333. Make sure that you change the country codes and area codes of the numbers in your phone directory so you can call your friends and family in your home country without the hassles of changing their country codes when you’re abroad.
- Remember to be equipped.
- Always bring your phone charger and travel plug adapter when you go out of the country. If possible, bring an extra battery along with you.
Switch on your phone and it will automatically search for a network. But if your phone does not register a network after a few minutes, select it manually through the Network Selection (may be called differently in other handsets) option in your phone’s menu. You will probably be communicating a lot back to the Philippines with text messages and calls. Make sure you phone is loaded so you are able to receive and send. We have reviewed a few services that allow you to load your Sun roaming phone while abroad. Our favorite service today is Aryty.com due to its low cost, no hidden fees and its fast and secure. Read about all the load sites we have /where-to-buy-load/”>reviewed here
If you need assistance while you’re abroad, call Sun Cellular People Care Hotline at +63 2 395 8000 anytime (roaming charges will apply). If you are unable to reach us, you may call the local network operator who may be able to help you.
Wherever you are in the world, in case you lost your phone or in the event that it’s stolen, you must contact Sun Cellular immediately by calling +63 2 395 8000 (roaming charges will apply). If your Sun Cellular phone is stolen, you must also report it to the local police and get an official police report as evidence.
Know the countries where you can enjoy Sun Cellular’s International Roaming Service and find out what kinds of phones will work for each country.
- Hong Kong
- United Arab Emirates
- United Kingdom
- Netherlands, The
- Saudi Arabia
This is the International Roaming Service made available to Sun subscribers. It allows them to make use of their Sun mobile phones even as they travel to any destination in the world where Sun has a partner operator.
|Example No. 1:||Sun mobile in Singapore calling a local number in the roamed country, e.g. Singapore Dial: Local Area Code + Local Number in Roamed Country Number to Dial: 02 8289 0237|
|Example No. 2:||Sun mobile in Singapore calling another Sun mobile in the same roamed country, e.g. Singapore Dial: “+” or International Access Code + Philippine Country Code + Sun mobile number Number to Dial: +63 922 922 0189|
|Example No. 3:||Sun mobile in Singapore calling a landline in the Philippines Dial: “+” or International Access Code + Philippine Country Code + Philippine Telephone Number Number to Dial: + 63 2 391 1111|
|Example No. 4:||Sun mobile in Singapore calling a mobile number in another country, e.g. Malaysia Dial: “+” or International Access Code + Designated Country Code + Area Code + Telephone number Number to Dial: + 60 3 381 7788|
|Example No. 5:||Sun mobile in Singapore calling an emergency number in the roamed country, e.g. Singapore Dial: “112″ on GSM handset; exception is USA where you dial “911″ Number to Dial: 112 or 911 (USA Only)|
There will be things that you can’t wait to tell your friends or your parents when you’re touring Europe or the US. Don’t wait to lose the excitement. Let them know little details of your trip via text. Send them a text message now. Don’t forget! Always remember to put the prefix +63 to send a text message to the Philippines before the full number of the receiver. Example: “+” or International Access Code + Philippine Country Code + Sun mobile number Number to Dial + 63 922 922 2222
There’s no activation fee for subscribing (link to subscription plans) to the International Roaming Service. You only pay for the calls you make and receive! To compute for your call charges, the call rates of the country where you’re roaming will apply, plus the applicable taxes/surcharges.